Haton? Privacy and Cookies Policy
Last updated: 4th September 2016
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- The App is a providing localised weather information, and for it to operate effectively it needs to track and store your location (see ‘Your Location Information’ below).
- Your preferences, (such as searched locations, settings) which helps us provide you with more tailored services.
- Personal information (such as your name and email address) that you provide in the App, including if you register as a user of the App or authenticate with a 3rd party provider (see ‘Integration with Social Network’ below).
- In connection with any account sign-in facility we may introduce, your log-in details.
- Communications you send to us, for example to report a problem or to submit queries, concerns or comments regarding the App or its content.
- Information from surveys that we may, from time to time, run on the App for research purposes, if you choose to respond to them.
We may offer users the ability to register their own personal account with us or authenticate with a 3rd party provider, so that their preferences and score can be accessed from different devices and where an existing device is lost or stolen. Where you open an account, data collected in relation to you and your use of the App will be linked on our systems with that account.
We also, without you having to do anything, will collect the following information:
- Details of your usage of the App, the searches you make, the resources you access and any data you download; this may also be tracked and analysed by third parties providing us with analytics services which help us understand how users use the App so we can improve it;
- Your IP address and unique identifier we assign to your mobile device and the instance of your application.
Uses Made of Your Information
We will use the information we collect to:
- Build a profile of your preferences so we can personalise the App and provide you the relevant information.
- Administer your account with us.
- Respond to your emails to discuss your use of the App and answer any support queries you may have.
- Identify issues with the operation of the App, and provide crash reports in order to find resolution for performance issues.
- Improve the design, functionality and/or content of the pages of the App and customise them for users.
- Carry out research on our weather and weather preferences and selections.
- Share with social networking sites and third party partner at your request (when this functionality is enabled).
- Disclose to lawful authorities when required to do so by law or where appropriate in our opinion as a responsible company to respond to their request.
Your Location Information
We are a personalised weather App, and to provide our service we need to process your location. If enabled, this happens each time you open up the App. The types of location data that we collect and store are your latitude, longitude, time of travel and compass related data.
We will retain all these kinds of location and location-related data. You agree that your location data in aggregated and anonymised form can be shared with selected third parties.
You can also choose not to allow us to process your location data at the time you connect to the App, or any time after that either by changing the settings on your mobile device. Please note that if you choose not to allow us to process your location data, we will not be able to provide you with the full benefit of the App.
The content that you share to all users is neither private nor confidential and you should not have any expectation of privacy with respect to it. Information you upload will be posted along with other personal information. Weather reports you submit will include your location and other personal information. Therefore, you must exercise caution and common sense when submitting information.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Like many sites, we use “cookies” to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of the App.
Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser or mobile device sends whenever you use our App (“Log Data”).
This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyse this data.
We may use your Personal Information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information.
Integration with Social Networks
You may choose to share information between us and your social network account (such as Facebook and Twitter). Through this option, you may choose to have personal information and other content about you available from social networks, transmitted and shared through us, including your location and weather information.
When you connect to the social network account for the first time or otherwise make the App interact with your social network account, you will be asked to permit the social network to share your personal information stored on such social network with the App. We collect your information from your social network account only in accordance with your privacy settings you have set up under your social network accounts. We only collect such information which you allowed the social network(s) to share with third parties (such as your name, email address, list of friends, profile picture, other information you make publicly available via the applicable social network).