Last updated: 25th May 2018
We take your privacy very seriously. Haton? collects information to provide better services to all its users. Your personal information is not stored where not necessary and we do not share or make use of your personal information in order to make financial gain or to support personalised advertising.
What Personal Information does Haton? collect and use?
Haton? may use the following information collected from or provided by you:
- Data from Social Networks: User information from social networking sites, such as Facebook and Twitter, including your name, your social network username, location, gender, birth date, email address, profile picture, and public data for contacts, if you connect your account to such social networks.
- Location Information: We may request access or permission to and track location-based information from your mobile device, either continuously or while you are using the App, to provide location-based services. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device’s settings.
- User Entered Information: This includes your gender and preferences for units used within the App.
- Meta-data: This includes information about your device, browser and app use. Haton? may collect and record how often you use the app and for how long, your device type, unique identifiers, operating system type & version.
Why does Haton? use and store your personal information?
Haton? may use information collected from or provided by you for the following purposes:
- To provide our services: For example, we use your location information to provide you with weather information at your location. We use your gender information to provide you with personalised clothing recommendations.
- To maintain & improve our services: We also use your information to ensure our services are working as intended, such as tracking outages or investigating issues you report to us.
- To measure performance: We use data for analytics and measurement to understand how our services are used. For example, we analyse data about your usage of the Services to do things like optimise product design. We may also use data to measure the usability and effectiveness of Haton?’s own marketing efforts on third party sites or platforms.
Where does Haton? store your personal information?
We do not retain any information about you unless it is required to deliver our services.
If you choose to connect with Social Networks, this information about you from your profile is held on your device only and not sent to our servers or stored outside of your device.
We record your user location in order to offer other users of Haton? information about the weather you have posted. No other identifying information is stored alongside this location.
Your Location Information
We are a personalised weather App, and to provide our service we need to process your location. If enabled, this happens each time you open up the App. The types of location data that we collect and store are your latitude, longitude, time of travel and compass related data.
We will retain all these kinds of location and location-related data. You can also choose not to allow us to process your location data at the time you connect to the App, or any time after that either by changing the settings on your mobile device. Please note that if you choose not to allow us to process your location data, we will not be able to provide you with the full benefit of the App.
The content that you share to all users is neither private nor confidential and you should not have any expectation of privacy with respect to it. Information you upload will be posted for other users to see. Weather reports you submit will include your location. Therefore, you must exercise caution and common sense when submitting information.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. All data in transit is encrypted.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Like many sites, we use “cookies” to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of the App.
Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser or mobile device sends whenever you use our App (“Log Data”).
This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyse this data.
Integration with Social Networks
You may choose to share information between us and your social network account (such as Facebook and Twitter). Through this option, you may choose to have personal information and other content about you available from social networks, transmitted and shared through us, including your location and weather information.
When you connect to the social network account for the first time or otherwise make the App interact with your social network account, you will be asked to permit the social network to share your personal information stored on such social network with the App. We collect your information from your social network account only in accordance with your privacy settings you have set up under your social network accounts. We only collect such information which you allowed the social network(s) to share with third parties (such as your name, email address, list of friends, profile picture, other information you make publicly available via the applicable social network).